Saturday 3 November 2007

Not just Another shop


I first found Another shop from a post in the official forums announcing a free sample skin from a creator that was new to me. The shop didn't have anything for sale yet, just a sample skin called RdO and a free swimsuit. I'm a sucker for all things free (hey, I have to dress my alt somehow!) and have seen some horrible freebies in my travels. Happily, this was not one of them. Instead it was a really nice skin, nice enough that my alt has been wearing it pretty much non-stop since picking it up (see picture to right). This skin is still available and includes a shape.

I'm happy to announce that Another shop is now open for business, offering four skintones - Rd, Ld, Sd and Fd - that each have six makeups: dark, nude, pin-up, red, silver and subtle nude. They aren't sold individually, but that's just fine because each collection is...200L each. That's not a typo: 200L for 6 skins. Wow, right? And if the price isn't enough to entice you to try these out, Eloh Eliot offers a demo pack for 0L that contains one of each skintone - with NO DEMO TEXT on them. You can happily wear them out and about (There is one subtle difference from the regular versions on sale - I wont' ruin the surprise, but if you're curious zoom in on your mouth and use an emoter to crack a big smile. Thanks Vivi, for showing me this.) But the best part is that these are really nice skins! Let's take a look at the faces...

From the upper left & moving clockwise: LD subtle nude, RD dark, SD silver, FD nude.

I like a lot of things about these faces, but what stands out most for me are the pearly sheen on the lips and the light freckles on the upper cheeks (yes, even on the dark skintone there are freckles). Most of the makeups are subtle and I can see myself going to these skins often for everyday wandering around. The only thing that I'm lukewarm on is the eyebrows; they're a tad heavy for my tastes. They are tintable however, and I may like them more after I fiddle with that. I did notice a really faint seam on the back of the skull, but since I don't make a habit of going bald it doesn't bother me (I mention it because I know seams are a pet peeve for some). Overall these are lovely faces and I would buy these skins at this price level on that basis alone.

I'm still trying to figure out how to do a cut in Blogger, so I'll skip a body shot. The demos are free - go try them on! A few things, though. Body shading is soft with no visible seams. I would have liked to see more shading/definition around the breasts but that's a personal preference. The kitty is shaved by default, but each skin pack comes with two pubic hair options on the underpants layer. There isn't anything wrong with the bodies, but it's the faces that make Another shop's skins notable. That and the price. Go buy them - I want to see what this creator comes with next, as this is a wonderful beginning.

(a minor gripe: put landmarks in the folder when you're selling something, especially if your shop name is going to be tough to find in Search. Making it easy for customers to find you again is a Good Thing.)

Wearing: (all photos) Hair: ETD Elika, Eyes: Sin Skins

3 comments:

Eyva Matova said...

Great find :)

Sai Pennell said...

I picked these skins up a little while ago, and did notice they didn't have the demo words. Though - I had no idea what set them apart from the normal skins.

Of course, I HAD to try the emote thing you suggested, and was amused at what I saw. I would have never caught that! O.O

Still, these are awesome skins, and the demos are clever.... lol

Georgette Whitfield said...

Wow, great rec thanks Morri!